Effective May 24, 2018
Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
- Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
- Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Data Protection Principles We Follow
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
What Rights Do You Have Regarding Your Personal Data
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
What Personal Data We Gather About You
- Use of Personal Information For Retail Purposes:
- Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona uses personal information for marketing and communications purposes to share promotions, discounts and relevant organization information. Personal information may be submitted through www.goodwillaz.org, or submitted through a third-party communications platform.
- Use of Personal Information For Home Pick-Up and Donation Drive Services
- Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona uses personal information to communicate and conduct services related to donation home pick-up or donation drives. This information is used to arrange services, and send relevant communications.
- Use of Personal Information For Career Service Purposes
- Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona uses personal information to best serve job seekers who utilize GCNA’s career services, included but not limited to, GCNA Career Center resources, GCNA Career Center Kiosks, or events hosted by GCNA or community partners.
- In addition to required member information, we may conduct surveys and ask users to volunteer demographic information to be used on an aggregate basis for organizational research. We use such information to best ensure a positive experience for our shoppers, donors, and job seekers.
- Device Information:
- When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
Sharing Your Personal Information
Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona does not release information about a member or rent our membership email list. GCNA is not able to control the practices of external websites and organizations that we may provide links to.
If you have questions about how such organizations use the information gathered when you link to their sites please read their privacy policies. We only share your Personal Information with third parties in order to help us use your Personal Information, as described above.
For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our visitors use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here, and you can also opt-out of Google Analytics here.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Do Not Track
- Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
How Does Goodwill of Central & Northern Arizona Secure User Information
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
How Can I Review, Updated, and Correct My Information?
To request user information, please submit a request to Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona’s request form, located within the “Contact Us” form request on www.goodwillaz.org.
Who Else Has Access To Your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with third parties, unless you have consented to or there are other legal grounds for it.
How Can I Opt-Out Of Communications From Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona
To opt-out of receiving communications from Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona, “Opt-Out” can be selected from any GCNA e-mail, or please contact us here.
For any questions related to this policy, please submit a request here.
Changes to This Policy
Last modification was made May 25, 2018.