The core Duties & Responsibilities of the Accounting Clerk include:
- Post necessary accounting data onto spreadsheet application or designated accounting program.
- Balance daily accounts in assigned accounting function.
- Properly handle, log and balance all cash, check and credit or invoice transactions.
- Follow established accounting procedures for assigned area.
- Run reports and assist in month end closings as instructed.
- File invoices, reports and other printed transactions as directed.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding financial statements, reports and other accounting information.
- Maintain security of the accounting areas.
- Maintain accurate liquor beer wine inventories and assist in month end inventory count
- Conduct regularly scheduled cashier audits as directed.
- Help with troubleshooting, zeroing and auditing POS systems.
- Assist the Controller with the distribution and management of cashier banks.
- Work with guests, clients, vendors and suppliers to correct and/or reconcile accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Adhere to all safety, emergency procedures and risk management policies.
- Report any injury no matter how minor to your supervisor or manager.
- Other duties as assigned which may include performing duties other than those listed in this position description in the Accounting department or other department in the Hotel.
The Desired Qualifications for an Accounting Clerk include:
- Experience with accounting or property management software programs.
- Experience in balancing and auditing accounts receivable or accounts payable.
- Cash and credit card balancing, depositing and transaction experience.
- Hotel/resort accounting experience.
- “No-look” ten-key calculating ability
- Experience with office equipment and procedures such as copiers, fax machines, postage meters and overnight shipping.
- Experience with computerized POS systems and knowledge on operating, zeroing, troubleshooting and auditing such systems.