The core Duties & Responsibilities of the Cook include:
- Prepare menu items from the ala carte menus or menu items for banquet events.
- Prepare menu items to correct portions and put up at proper temperature; plate items per the template developed by the Chef.
- Maintain portion control for all items including sides.
- Follow prep guidelines to limit over production prepping menu items and food production prep to numbers as directed by the Chef.
- Set up and break down line and production areas according to assigned shift duties.
- Maintain Serve Safe HACCP food sanitation standards throughout all areas and all steps of food production.
- Plate banquet meals and keep temperature of plates as directed, and pan up buffet pans as directed, so there is never a run-out.
- Communicate with Servers and F&B Management on “86’d” items or items dragging.
- Practice risk management worker safety in knife handling, equipment operation, lifting, working with open flame, hot liquids and all other areas of food production.
- Use proper product rotation of perishable items practicing first in first out method of usage.
- Keep all food storage areas including walk-ins, freezers and dry storage clean and organized.
- Maintain professional communication with front of the house staff and co-workers.
- Ensure quality control of all items prepped and/or cooked.
- Adhere to all safety, risk management and environmental policies.
- Report any injury no matter how minor to the Chef or F&B Management.
- Other duties as assigned which may include performing duties other than those listed in this position description in the Food & Beverage department or other department in the Hotel
The Desired Qualifications of the Cook position include:
- Thorough knowledge and experience with all stations and equipment in the kitchen including line, batch production, prep, pantry and dish.
- Previous cooking experience in a high volume ala carte or banquet production kitchen.
- Ability to produce items to standard following menu recipe(s) for set menu items.
- Ability to adhere to ServeSafe HACCP food sanitation course.
- Proficient knife handling skills;
- Experience in plating high volume banquet functions.
- Possess physical ability to perform the tasks.
- Ability to carry out duties on any station in the kitchen.
- Good communication skills with ability to train personnel in cooking techniques.
- Ability to work for longs periods in high temperature setting.